STATESBORO, GA) On November 3rd from 4:30-6pm the Entrepreneur Zone at 58 East Main Street in Statesboro will present "Top Sales Tips for Small Businesses". This is free to the public. The panel is made up of up 3 speakers; one with 30 years of sales experience, another in charge of leading a company’s sales ( $ 8.0 B ) and marketing initiatives, and another that will share innovative advertising ideas. RSVP to Matt Chambers at email@example.com as spacing is limited to 30 seats. The forum is sponsored by Dabbs, Hickman, Hill; Cannon Certified Public Accounting and Business Consulting; Sea Island Bank; and Georgia Southern University.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Dr. Linda G. Mullen has over 30 years of sales experience. She has worked as a stockbroker for Charles Schwab & Co., an options clerk on the Chicago Board Options Exchange, Coldwell Banker commercial and residential agent, and account manager for Pitney Bowes. She and her husband, Dan, are owners of Georgia Window Installation Services serving the Southeast area of Georgia and South Carolina. She teaches Professional Sales and Sales Management classes at Georgia Southern University.
Tom, a 1986 Harvard Business School "Program for Management Development" attendee, was named executive vice president of sales and marketing for xpedx, headquartered in Loveland, Ohio. He was in charge of leading the company’s sales ( $ 8.0 B ) and marketing initiatives, strengthening Xpedx’s commitment to customers, and developing strategies which align marketing with effective sales plans. He also served as an officer and vice president of International Paper.
Tim "Bubba" Hunt is best known around Statesboro for his very innovative Pawn City & Car City advertising schemes. He is the president of Pawn City Inc., which will soon be celebrating its 20 year anniversary, and Car City. He is also a graduate of Leadership Bulloch, president of Leadership Bulloch 2012, and on the Executive Committee of the Chamber of Commerce .
There will be multiple opportunities to ask questions and to network with other entrepreneurs while enjoying free coffee and pastries.
If you would like to attend this event please RSVP to Matt Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org as spacing is limited to 30 seats!
(SAVANNAH, GA) The Savannah chapter of SCORE has elected Marjorie Young as its new President. PHOTO BELOW
SCORE, which stands for Service Corps of Retired Executives, is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping the small business community through free mentoring and business counseling. SCORE members volunteer their time and business expertise to help coach the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Young’s goals for SCORE include increasing mentoring participation within the business community and expanding awareness about SCORE.
There are 13,000 mentors available on the national SCORE website. Business owners can contact mentors who are in their trade or field of business by email to address specific questions. Out of the 13,000 mentors, approximately 80 percent are retired and 20 percent of the mentors are active business owners.
Young states, "So many people are unemployed that they are now thinking about or starting their own business. SCORE mentors are reaching out to advise start-up businesses, mentor businesses and help get America back on track."
"In 1990 I had my first meeting with a SCORE mentor to help my father’s printing business in Alexandria, Virginia. That advice was invaluable and helped turn our business around," Young continues. "I have volunteered for SCORE as a mentor for years, and I’m thrilled to now be the president. I want business owners to know that they have free access to amazing areas of local expertise, including accounting, international trade, computer technology, social media, public relations, marketing, engineering management, going public, retail, health care, nonprofits, insurance, digital productions, Internet marketing, manufacturing, cash flow, business plans and logistics. We even have a retired IRS agent volunteering with us. If you can’t find a local match for your business you can access www.score.org which has 13,000 mentors."
In addition to arranging speaking engagements with organizations, Young strives to develop a Speed Mentoring Day in conjunction with the Small Business Development Center, to be held on March 8, 2012.
"This will be a signature event for SCORE. Small businesses will have access to numerous mentors, among them retired and active business owners, in a roundtable-style mentoring event."
Business hours for the Savannah location of SCORE are Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Please visit www.scoresav.org for more information.
About Marjorie Young
Marjorie Young founded her company, Carriage Trade Public Relations, Inc. in 1995, to help businesses manage their reputation in the community and online. She also co-authored the book Secrets of The Woman in the Suit in 2010. Young is a frequent speaker and consultant on public relations and social media.
Young was named the 2011 Community Star by Savannah Morning News, 2006 Top Ten Women in Savannah by AWWIN, Inc., 2006 Entrepreneur of the Year by the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, 2006 Buy Local Advocate of the Year, 2002 Small Business Champion by the Small Business Chamber, and Savannah Technical Institute’s 2001 Small Business Owner of the Year.
She is the past president of the Small Business Chamber and the Small Business Council and currently sits on the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Leadership Savannah Board of Directors. Young is a member of the Downtown Savannah Rotary and is currently on the United Way’s Cabinet to raise money in the small business community.
Young will be attending a SCORE conference in October held in Las Vegas for all incoming SCORE Presidents.
SCORE’s Mission Statement
"We are resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), dedicated to helping the small business community through no-fee mentoring and business counseling. SCORE members volunteer their time and considerable business expertise to help coach the next generation of entrepreneurs"
(SAVANNAH, GA) PHOTOS of the Junior Achievement Banquet http://spotted.savannahnow.com/galleries/index.php?id=389773
(SAVANNAH, GA) BEST PLACE TO GET YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUME….GOODWILL
(SAVANNAH, GA) Public comment period for UZO extended until January 31, 2012. Put your business or resident address in here, to see all the new rezoning rules. Check carefully – there are many, many new rules.
(SAVANNAH, GA) Attention Savannah Rock n’ Roll runners, join us the evening before the race at "ROCK THE CARBS for Liam’s Land" at the Notre Dame Academy on November 4, 4-8pm. Music by the Marshal Brothers, Kid’s activities room. All money from the pasta dinner will go to support Liam’s Land Medical Research. $10 Now http://www.liamsland.org/2011/rock-the-marathon-for-liam-pre-race-carbo-loading-dinner/ Sponsored by The Crab Shack
(SAVANNAH, GA) Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business Calendar
(SAVANNAH, GA) Celia Dunn Sotheby’s International Realty presents 234 Habersham Street in the Historic District. AGENT Monica McGoldrick
PHONE 912-667-7407. Gray brick historic townhouse in pristine condition. Completely restored by L.E. Wells in 2001: new construction in a historic shell. http://www.celiadunnsir.com/listings_detail.asp?listingID=1571
(SAVANNAH, GA / RICHMOND HILL, GA) RPI, a roofing company based in Richmond Hill, Georgia, is pleased to announce the opening of its newest location in Augusta. RPI has already been serving the Augusta community for several years and will expand its services with the addition of an office and dedicated staff. Located at 1810-E Wylds Road, the Augusta location will be staffed by Mike Reynolds, who will work in business development, Project Manager James Furmanek, who will also work in RPI service, Superintendent James Frank and Foreman Wayne Stafford. www.rpiaugusta.com
(SAVANNAH, GA) Biggest Party in Savannah, Nov 17 – get tickets now – band played at the White House – http://leadershipsavannah.org/events-event_id=20
(SAVANNAH, GA) James Rogers to perform Nov 12 in Savannah to benefit The Wounded Warrior Project http://mysavannah.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/savannah-james-rogers-savannah-show-benefiting-the-wounded-warrior-project/
(SAVANNAH, GA) The Humane Society needs your online vote to win the $25K Community Engagement Award. The top three contenders will be chosen based on on-line voting (one vote per person per day), starting October 17 ending October 31. www.votetosavelives.org or, click the ASPCA banner on the homepage of our website www.humanesocietysav.org
(SAVANNAH MORNING NEWS) Isle of Hope Celebrates 275 years:
(SAVANNAH, GA) Once a year, Buy Local Savannah sheds its educational mission for a social gathering. This year’s event will take place on Thursday, October 27. It is themed "Taste of the Low Country" featuring a traditional low country boil, and is open to both members and guests. www.buylocalsavannah.com
(SAVANNAH, GA) Community Health Mission received the Healthy Communities / Healthy America Award http://mysavannah.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/community-health-mission-receives-the-healthy-communitieshealthy-america-awards/
(SAVANNAH,GA) PHOTOS by Kim Thomson; The American Diabetes Association – 2011 STEP OUT WALK at Oatland Island, October 15, 2011. The fundraiser was sponsored by Gulfstream and J.T. Turner Construction.
(SAVANNAH, GA) Nikki Hanebrink, a ninth grade student at Sol C. Johnson High School, won the Subway Fresh Fit poster contest and got to meet Jared Fogle, Subway’s spokesperson, who came to congratulate her at Performance Initiatives Fitness on Friday, October 14th. http://mysavannah.wordpress.com/2011/10/16/johnson-high-student-wins-subway-fresh-fit-contest/
(SAVANNAH, GA) Thriller writer extraordinaire Brad Thor will launch the fifth annual Savannah Book Festival at a fundraising dinner on Wednesday February 15, 2012 http://www.savannahbookfestival.org/2012-festival/ticketed-events/brad-thor-dinner
(SAVANNAH, GA) Join filmmaker Michael Jordan at Moon River Brewing Company on Friday evening, November 4th for the premiere of his new two-part TV special, "No Higher Honor." The show features the sailors of the frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG 58) Michael filmed the program aboard the ship off the east coast of Africa in August. www.nohigherhonor.net.
(SAVANNAH, GA) Capt. Donna Cottrell, former Commanding Officer at Coast Guard Air Station Savannah, will be the speaker at the next dinner meeting of the Savannah Council, Navy League of the United States. October 25th, 6PM. RSVP 912-964-5366
(SAVANNAH, GA) FOLLOW SAVANNAH COMMUNiTY HEADLiNES™ on TWITTER http://twitter.com/carriagetradepr
(AUGUSTA, GA) AUGUSTA COMMUNITY HEADLINES:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 10/13/2001
The Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods to Film in Savannah
Tuesday, October 18
Segment will feature Gottlieb and Cohen New South Kosher
(SAVANNAH, GA) Andrew Zimmern, host of the Travel Channel’s
Bizarre Foods, will visit Savannah on Tuesday, October 18 to film a
segment featuring Gottlieb and Cohen New South Kosher. Zimmern,
along with New South Kosher proprietors Murray Gottlieb and Matt
Cohen, will cook an array of dishes from the New South Kosher menu,
along with some of Zimmern’s grandmother’s traditional kosher
recipes. The filming will take place in a sukkah located outside the Bnai
Brith Jacob Synagogue, 5444 Abercorn St., at 11:30 a.m.
Zimmern is a chef, author and culinary explorer who travels the globe
in search of interesting local cuisines and exotic and unusual foods,
which he features on Bizarre Foods. The show airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m.
on the Travel Channel.
"We’re very excited to welcome Andrew Zimmern to our city and share
with him some of our unique kosher recipes with a Southern twist,"
says Chef Cohen.
About Gottlieb and Cohen New South Kosher
Gottlieb and Cohen New South Kosher operates a virtual restaurant
at www.gottliebandcohen.com. The restaurant, which features an
assortment of lunch and dinner items, is open Mondays through
Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Orders may be picked up at
Buckingham South, 5450 Abercorn Street, or delivered. A joint venture
of acclaimed local chef Matt Cohen and longtime Savannah caterer
Murray Gottlieb, Gottlieb and Cohen New South Kosher also offers
local and destination catering, manages the kitchen of Buckingham
South independent and assisted living facility and is the food service
provider for Rambam Day School. For more information, please visit
www.gottliebandcohen.com or call 912-355-1765.
Chef Matt Cohen and Caterer Murray Gottlieb Join Forces to
Open Gottlieb and Cohen New South Kosher
Virtual Restaurant and Destination Catering Among Services Offered
(SAVANNAH, GA) Acclaimed local chef Matt Cohen and longtime
Savannah caterer Murray Gottlieb of Alan Gottlieb Caterers are pleased
to announce the grand opening of Gottlieb and Cohen New South
In addition to offering local and destination catering, the
company manages the kitchen of Buckingham South independent and
assisted living facility and is the food service provider for Rambam
Day School. On Tuesday, October 11, Gottlieb and Cohen New South
Kosher will open a virtual restaurant at www.gottliebandcohen.com.
"By taking the best of my business, New South Café, and merging
it with the excellence of Alan Gottlieb Caterers, we are offering
Savannah an unprecedented opportunity to experience kosher food at
its finest" says Chef Cohen. "We are not just a great addition to the
Savannah kosher community, we are also a great option for anyone
interested in healthy and delicious food."
The virtual restaurant, which will be open for business Mondays
through Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., will offer an assortment
of lunch and dinner items. The daily menu will be posted at
Orders may be picked up at Buckingham
South, 5450 Abercorn Street, or delivered. Free delivery is available
between the area of Stephenson Avenue and DeRenne Avenue to
Abercorn Street and Waters Avenue. Deliveries outside the zone are
available for a small fee. Orders placed by 3 p.m. will be available for
the 6 p.m. delivery program, and orders placed for take out will be
ready for pick up in 30 minutes.
Chef Cohen is a culinary expert who has worked in popular restaurants
throughout New York and Atlanta. A graduate of the Culinary Institute
of America in Hyde Park, New York, Cohen trained at one of the
top-rated culinary schools in the world. He has been honored with
numerous awards throughout his career including the 2008 Small
Business Chamber’s New & Emerging Small Business of the Year
Award, the 2008 Grace Award for Innovator of the Year and 2008
Best Chef of the Year by "Connect Savannah" magazine in its annual
Best-of-Savannah Readers’ Poll. Cohen has served on the boards of
the Georgia Restaurant Association, the Savannah Chapter of The
American Red Cross and the Jewish Educational Alliance and was an
associate instructor in Savannah Technical College’s Culinary Arts
Program from 2008 to 2011.
Gottlieb is a business administration graduate from Cornell University’s
School of Hotel Administration. His family has a 100-year history of
kosher delicatessen and catering in Atlanta and Savannah. Having
run successful delicatessen, catering and industrial food businesses in
Atlanta and Memphis, Gottlieb returned to Savannah in 1998 to join
his parents in Alan Gottlieb Caterers, through which he has continued
to provide local and destination kosher catering events.
For more information about Gottlieb and Cohen New South
Kosher’s catering services or virtual restaurant, please visit
www.gottliebandcohen.com or call 912-355-1765.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: PHOTO BELOW OF DONATED HALLOWEEN COSTUMES
101 Ways to Donate
(SAVANNAH, GA) It has never been easier to donate gently used items and help those in need. Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire has more than 101 donation boxes located throughout its 33-county region.
Donors can pull right up to a Goodwill donation box and place their contributions inside. It’s that simple!
"Goodwill strives to make it easy for people to donate their gently used clothing and other items. You no longer have to go far to find a Goodwill donation box," says Mohsen Badran, CEO of Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, Inc.
The sales of donated items provide revenue for Goodwill’s programs as well as help provide employment for individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment in the community.
Items that are collected are sorted and prepared for sale by Goodwill employees, who gain valuable work experience in the process of collecting, sorting, distributing and selling gently used merchandise.
Goodwill provides employment to more then 550 employees throughout the Coastal Empire in its 12 retail stores, career centers, business services and donation centers.
Another way to donate is through our computer recycling program with our Dell-Reconnect Program. This corporate partnership provides an avenue for our donors to recycle their computers and computer related items in an environmental safe way. The program accepts any brand of used computer equipment at all Goodwill locations.
They have recycled over 242 tons of computers and computer related items and kept them out of landfills.
Goodwill donation boxes may be found at the following locations. A list of donation boxes is also available online at http://goodwillsavannah.org/donate/dropboxes:
* Volunteer Fire Dept., 5786 S. Coastal HWY, Riceboro, GA
* Red Rooster Country Store, HWY 17, Pine Harbor Rd., Townsend, GA
* Clyde’s Market – Shellman Bluff (1 of 2), 2407 Shellman Bluff Rd., Townsend, GA
* Piggly Wiggly, Rt. 3, Box 3329, Eulonia, GA
* Darien Firehouse, U.S. HWY 17, Darien, GA
* Ameris Bank, 3811 Frederica Rd., St. Simons Island, GA
* Farmers Market, Demere Rd., St. Simons Island, GA
* Recycling Center, County Barn Rd., Ludowici, GA
* IGA – Ludowici (1 of 2), HWY 84 & Macon St., Ludowici, GA
* Ted and Dots Harley Parts, 4217 U.S. HWY 82, Brunswick, GA.
* Main Street Center, Ridgeland, SC
* Claxton Recycling Center, S. Peters St., Claxton, GA
* Harry’s BBQ, 7600 U.S. 280, Hagan, GA
* Claxton Elementary School, 6463 U.S. HWY 301, Claxton, GA
* Total Home Technology, 99 W. Railroad St., Pembroke, GA
* Southern Sportsman, 175 E. Bacon St., Pembroke, GA
* Country Market, 8524 U.S. HWY 280 E, Ellabell, GA
* Neighbors Express 301 South, 1444 Mims Rd., Sylvania, GA
* Neighbors Express by McDonalds, 412 W. Oglethorpe St., Sylvania, GA
* Rocker Supply Ace Hardware, 517 HWY 25 North, Millen, GA
* Quick Stop, 924 E. Winthrope Ave. (HWY 17), Millen, GA
* Clyde’s #44 (2 of 2), 5879 W. Oglethorpe HWY, Walthourville, GA
* Twin City Market, 2745 U.S. HWY 80 E, Twin City, GA
* Big K-Mart Shopping Center, 950 Sunset Blvd., Jesup, GA
* Clyde’s #57, 3100 Lanes Bridge Rd., Jesup, GA
* Donald Community Recycle Center, HWY #196 W., Long County, GA
* Clyde’s #44 (1 of 2), 5879 W. Oglethorpe HWY, Walthourville, GA
* Clyde’s #38, 1457A Dunlevie Rd., Allenhurst, GA
* Clyde’s #64, 904 E.G. Miles Pkwy., Hinesville, GA
* Clyde’s #62, 791 E.G. Miles Pkwy., Hinesville, GA
* Clyde’s #55, 2281 HWY 17, Richmond Hill, GA
* Clyde’s # 52 (2 of 2), 770 S. Main St., Hinesville, GA
* Clyde’s #28, 11858 E. Oglethorpe HWY, Midway, GA
* Clyde’s #85, 241 Memorial Dr., Hinesville, GA
* Clyde’s #3, 203 W. Oglethorpe HWY, Hinesville, GA
* Clyde’s #52 (1 of 2), 770 S. Main St., Hinesville, GA
* Clyde’s #39, 301 S. Main St., Glenville, GA
* IGA – Ludowici (2 of 2), HWY 84 & Macon St., Ludowici, GA
* IGA – Patterson, 6418 HWY 84, Patterson, GA
* Varn Wood Products, U.S. HWY 82 & State HWY 121, Hoboken, GA
* Recycling Center – Jekyll Island, River View Dr., Jekyll Island, GA
* Clyde’s Market – Shellman Bluff (2 of 2), 2407 Shellman Bluff Rd., Townsend, GA
* Clyde’s #50 – Glenville, 649 W. Barnard St., Glenville, GA
* Olive Branch Restaurant, 65 Central Blvd (HWY 17), Guyton, GA
* Hot Spot Convenience Store, Ellabell, GA
* T&M Power Sports, 4616 HWY 80, Ellabell, GA
* Clyde’s #25 – Cobbtown, 176 HWY 121 N, Cobbtown, GA
* Quick Stop 2, 410 8th St., Helena, GA
* Hitching Post Hardware, 275 S. Railroad Ave., Mt. Vernon, GA
* Alamo City Hall, 5 W. Main St., Alamo, GA
* Glenwood Pharmacy, 114 E. 2nd Ave., Glenwood, GA
* Great Wall Restaurant, 602 College St. (HWY 280), Mt. Vernon, GA
* Clyde’s #34 – Reidsville (1 of 2), 115 W. Brazell St., Reidsville, GA
* Clyde’s #31 – Lyons, 277 W. Liberty Ave., Lyons, GA
* Clyde’s #36 – Lyons, 612 State St., Lyons, GA
* Clyde’s #33 – Soperton, Rt. 3 Box 182 (HWY 29 & I-16), Soperton, GA
* Community Center – Graham, 9659 Golden Isles Pkwy., Graham, GA
* Quick Stop #221, 465 Uvalda HWY, Hazlehurst, GA
* Pecos – Hazlehurst, 390 Alma HWY, Hazlehurst, GA
* Golden Isles Pawn – Hazlehurst, 3 E. Coffee St., Hazlehurst, GA
* Clyde’s #24 – Hazlehurst, 95 S. Tallahassee St., Hazlehurst, GA
* Denton Quick Shop – Denton, 2387 Douglas HWY, Denton, GA
* Livingston’s IGA – Lumber City, 3288 E. Golden Isles Pkwy., Lumber City, GA
* Holy Trinity Catholic Church – Swainsboro, 928 W. Main St., Swainsboro, GA
* Head Start – Bryan County, 166 Bacontown Rd., Pembroke, GA
* Head Start – Camden County, 1501 Georgia Ave., Woodbine, GA
* Head Start – Evans County, 720 N. Church St., Claxton, GA
* Head Start – Glynn County, 1 Community Action Dr., Ste. D, Brunswick, GA.
* Head Start – Liberty County, 9099 E.B. Cooper HWY, Riceboro, GA
* Head Start – Long County, 15 Thornton Dr., Ludowici, GA
* Head Start – McIntosh County, 102 N. HWY 17 & 251 N., Darien, GA
* Head Start – Tattnall County, 119 Veterans Rd., Glennville, GA
* Head Start – Reidsville, 26466 HWY 23/Collins Rd., Reidsville, GA
* Head Start – Wayne County, 724 N. Fourth St., Jesup, GA
* Griffin’s Convenience Store – Waycross, 3920 Brunswick HWY (US HWY 82), Waycross, GA
* United Market – Blackshear, 4908 U.S. 84, Blackshear, GA
* Harvey’s Supermarket – Waycross, Waycross, GA
* Tommy’s Corner, 2292 Old Jesup Rd., Brunswick, GA.
* Baptist Church – Townsend, 2631 Church of God Rd. N.W., Townsend, GA
* City Hall – Screven, Screven, GA
* Ace Hardware – Nahunta, 136 E. Cleveland St., Nahunta GA
* Ace Hardware – Jesup, N. 2nd St., Jesup, GA
* Harvey’s Supermarket – Jesup, 1159 1st St., Jesup, GA
* Wayne’s Drug Store – Jesup, 175 N. 1st St., Jesup, GA
* Kingsland’s Grocery – Kingsland, 564 S. Lee St., Kingsland, GA
* Paige’s Convenience Store – #1, 301 S. Caney Rd., Nahunta, GA
* Paige’s Convenience Store – #5, US 82 /HWY 110, Waynesville, GA
* Paige’s Convenience Store – #6, 82/Browntown Rd., Waynesville, GA
* Paige’s Convenience Store – #4, US 301/HWY 32, Hortense, GA
* Paige’s Convenience Store – #3, 18599 HWY 32 E./Post Rd., Hortense, GA
* Paige’s Convenience Store – #2, 26915 HWY 82 /Post Rd., Waynesville, GA
* Piggly Wiggly – Nahunta, HWY 301 North, Nahunta, GA
* Satilla Grocery – Waynesville, 21300 HWY 82, Waynesville, GA
* Ace Hardware – Hinesville, 1012 W. Oglethorpe HWY, Hinesville, GA
* City Square Shopping Center – Waycross, 621 S. City Blvd., Waycross, GA
* Flash Foods – Homerville, 317 S. Church St., Homerville, GA
* Huey’s Country Store and RV Park – Waycross, 7511 Albany HWY 82, Waycross, GA
* O’Riley Auto Parts – Waycross, 1858 Memorial Dr., Waycross, GA
* Lewis Battery and Electric – Baxley, S. Crosby St., Baxley, GA
* Blackshear Ave., 1200 Blackshear Ave., Waycross, GA
* South GA Parkway, 1777 South GA Pkwy., Waycross, GA
* Shell Convenience Store, 588 S. Columbia Ave., Rincon, GA
* Sunoco Convenience Store, 801 S. Columbia Ave., Rincon, GA
* Quest Convenience Store, 1113 N. Columbia Ave., Rincon, GA
* Clyde’s #34 – Reidsville (2 of 2), 115 W Brazell St., Reidsville, GA
"We are grateful to our business partners throughout the community who have graciously agreed to host the donation boxes at their place of business," Badran says. "Their generosity enables Goodwill to maximize our donations and ultimately serve more people throughout our community."
Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, Inc. is dedicated to the mission of assisting people with disabilities and other barriers to employment to live independently and become employed. The not-for-profit organization currently employs more than 550 employees locally and in 2010 provided services to 3,184 people in our community, among them homeless veterans, at-risk youth, new immigrants and people with disabilities. Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire serves 33 counties in Georgia and South Carolina and operates 12 retail locations in the region. In addition to the thrift shops, Goodwill accepts tax deductable car donations and operates an online store at shopgoodwill.com. For more information on Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, please call (912)354-6611, email email@example.com or visit www.goodwillsavannah.org.