(SAVANNAH, GA) COMMUNITY HEADLINES, NOV 7, 2011

By November 7, 2011Local NewsWIRE

(TYBEE ISLAND, GA) The Ocean Plaza Beach Resort on Tybee Island is pleased to announce that Dr. Marc Frischer, a professor at the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography, will be the guest speaker at the inaugural monthly Coastal Ecology Dinner Lecture Series, Thursday, November 17 at 7 p.m. at the hotel’s Dolphin Reef Oceanfront Restaurant. Dr. Frischer’s lecture will focus on the effect of climate change on the ecosystems of the ocean. The lecture will be preceded by a wine and cheese reception at 6 p.m. in the Dolphin Reef Bar, and dinner will be served in the Dolphin Reef main dining room at 6:30 p.m. RSVP (912) 786-7777  www.oceanplaza.com 

 

(SAVANNAH, GA) Chatham County bids available: http://purchasing.chathamcounty.org/Bids.aspx

(SAVANNAH, GA) James Rogers to perform Nov 12 at AASU to benefit The Wounded Warrior Project  http://mysavannah.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/savannah-james-rogers-savannah-show-benefiting-the-wounded-warrior-project/

(SAVANNAH, GA) Travel to Alaska with Bill Edwards, an on-air host of Ageless Radio on Flagship NewsRadio 1290 WTKS, on August 17, 2012. Combo 13-day trip includes 8 days on the Norwegian Cruise Line’s, the Jewel, and a 5-day land tour of Seattle, Napa/Sonoma Valley, and San Francisco. www.agelessmedianetwork.podbean.com

(SAVANNAH, GA) Vote YES to ESPLOST on Tuesday, Nov 8. Failure to pass ESPLOST will immediately increase property taxes to meet bond payment requirements.

(SAVANNAH, GA) See how one local business reduced their employee turnover by 65% in three years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwk_MRgY3S8

(POOLER, GA) Local business sponsors a Goodwill donation and recycling event, Nov 30, 10am-3pm. Drop off all unwanted items, clothing, furniture, old computers and electronic equipment at Marchese Construction, office located at 45 Columbia Drive, in the Westside Business Park across from Spanky’s on Highway 80 in Pooler. 912-330-8575.

   

(SAVANNAH, GA) The Downtown Business Association to hold Small Business Expo, Nov 9. Stratton Leopold will be the keynote speaker. The winner of the Ron Higgins Memorial Award will be announced.  RSVP: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e55sroxr2d2794a2&oseq=

(SAVANNAH, GA) SEMINAR on"Considering Buying a Franchise? – FACTS to Know!" Wednesday – November 9  –  from 6 to 8 pm at Hancock Askew & Co – 100 Riverview Dr, Savannah. To register call: Cathey Petkash – 678-644-3868cpetkash@frannet.com
www.frannet.com/cpetkash

(SAVANNAH, GA) Benjamin Karpf, an attorney with Bouhan, Williams & Levy LLP in Savannah, will speak on Copyright, Trademark, Social Media and Content Licenses: Legal Issues for Technology Start-Ups and Media Companies. His lecture will be Nov 17, 11:30-1:00 p.m. at the Ga Tech Campus, Food for Thought Series. RSVP: http://go.savannahnow.com/savannah-ga/events/show/221636065-copyright-trademark-social-media-and-content-licenses-legal-issues-for-technology-startups-and-media-companies

(SAVANNAH, GA) Nominate Generation Next Candidates for 2012. Must be under 40 years old. Deadline Dec 2: http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2011-10-27/nominate-generation-next-candidates-2012#.Tq4J8b8p1j4

(SAVANNAH, GA) Help Plant Trees to Commemorate Veteran’s Day, Saturday, November 12th, 9:00 a.m. Westlake, Savannah 912.233.8733

 (SAVANNAH, GA) The 2011 Savannah Children’s Book Festival is set for Saturday, Nov. 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Forsyth Park in Savannah, Georgia. The event is presented by Live Oak Public Libraries and the City of Savannah. The eighth annual festival celebrates the joy of reading, the power of the written word and the magic of storytelling with children’s book authors and illustrators from around the country. Rain location is the Savannah Civic Center. For more information, call 912-652-3689 or visit www.liveoakpl.org.

(SAVANNAH, GA) Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business Calendar

(SAVANNAH, GA)  LEADERSHIP SAVANNAH TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS. Big Party in Savannah, Nov 17 – get tickets now – band played at the White House – open to public: http://leadershipsavannah.org/events-event_id=20 

 

 

 (SAVANNAH, GA) FOLLOW SAVANNAH COMMUNiTY HEADLiNES™ on TWITTER  http://twitter.com/carriagetradepr

 

(SAVANNAH, GA) Thank you to the Ga Air Guard 165th and Hunter Airforce Base – we are scheduled to take the 2012 Leadership Savannah Class on a C130 flight and tour the Hunter military instillation this week. This is my favorite program!

 

 (SAVANNAH, GA) I’m enjoying my first month as SCORE President – and NO, I’m not retired. 60% of SCORE mentors are retired the other 40% are active business owners. I will be in this volunteer position for a year.  About to announce my new board of directors.

 www.savannah.score.org 

Leave a Reply